London or Remote within Europe
Mava (https://mava.app/) is building a web3-enabled support and engagement OS for any community-driven company.Our starting point is an AI-first customer support platform for web3 organizations. We enable organizations to easily support their community across multiple channels (Discord, Website, Telegram), publicly and privately. Think Zendesk for web3.We're already trusted by hundreds of web3 communities, including names such as DeGods, Alchemy, Cosmos, and Trader Joe. Looking ahead, we plan to scale our solution to any community-driven company, starting with gaming, open source, and SaaS verticals.We're backed by some of Europe's top pre-seed investors such as Seedcamp.
About the role
We’re looking for a UX expert who’s designed complex SaaS products before. Bonus if you have an interest in web3, but no web3 experience required. Our ideal candidate has a strong background in building products that offer a wealth of powerful features while maintaining a simple and intuitive user experience. Think of game-changing productivity tools like Superhuman, innovative design platforms like Webflow, or collaboration platforms like Notion.
We're looking for someone who can work with us 2-3 days a week. The salary range below is based on full-time commitment and would be pro-rated.
You’ll translate a wide set of requirements into a beautiful and intuitive product.
The team sets high-level feature roadmap together based on user feedback and company strategy, but we want the UX designer to be heavily involved in how those features will look and work.
You’ll spend time conducting user interviews to understand how users currently use the product and what they need to get out of the product.
You’ll work closely with the rest of the team to translate user needs into product features.
You’ll be creating low-fidelity prototypes and conduct usability tests.You’ll be conducting market research and evaluating leading and up-and-coming products.
You will be working with another designer who is responsible for UI design
- At least 3+ years UX experienceExperience conducting user research in different forms, such as leading one-on-one interviews, focus groups and online usability tests
- Experience leading co-creation workshops with team members
- Experience creating user personas, flows and journeysIndependent and entrepreneurial mindset
- Startup or scale-up experience, bonus points if you're an ex-founder
Nice to haves
- Experience using data (e.g. Mixpanel) to make design decisions
- Previously worked on products within the areas of customer support, community management or communications